My Reflections from reading Colossians 3:1-17
1. Remember our Identity: We can’t get too caught up with our position in life. We have to remember where our position with Christ is first. Everything starts with our Creator.
2. Renew our Thoughts: We have to change our focus from the things that used to preoccupy us and distract us from reaching our goals. Changing our thought process creates an opportunity for developing new standards for ourselves and others around us.
3. Recognize our Old Life is DEAD: We don’t have to live like someone told us we had to live. Leave the past where it belongs, in the past. We have to stop dragging our baggage into our future. Stop living into the stereotypes that people claimed for you and live into the life you want to live for yourself.
4. Release Old Habits: Habits are hard to break, but they can be broken. Clearly, the things we did before haven’t gotten us to the place we want to be, so why not try something new?
5. Replace those of Old Habits with New Habits: The only way to eliminate old habits is to have the will power to create new ones. Don’t be afraid to try something new.